Coconut rice recipe
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 and a half cups water
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced
- half a cup shredded coconut, toasted
Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear.åÊ Place the rice in a small saucepan and cover with the water.
Bring the rice up to a simmer and then place a lid on the saucepan and cook on a low heat for 12 minutes.
Heat the coconut milk until it is warm. Stir through the cooked rice and then set the covered saucepan aside for 10 minutes.
Stir in the brown sugar.
Serve a dollop of the coconut rice in a bowl with the sliced banana and toasted coconut on top.
- This easy dessert put a whole new spin on rice pudding!
- The creaminess of the coconut milk is cut through with the fresh bananas and is absolute heaven.
- This is pretty rich so dont be too ambitious with your serving sizes.
Related dessert recipes
- Chocolate fudge pudding
- Chocolate pavlova
- Easy pear cobbler
- Creamed rice with spiced apples
- Rice pudding
- Steamed jam pudding
- Sticky toffee pudding
This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand best recipe finder.