Ham and Tropical Gold Pineapple Melt
- 1 loaf Turkish, focaccia, or your favourite bread
- 2 tsp red pepper pesto or relish
- 250 g mozzarella, sliced thinly
- 8 slices shaved ham
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ fresh pineapple, cut into wedges
- basil leaves for garnish
Cut the bread into large pieces; then cut each piece in half.
Place cut side up under a preheated grill and grill until golden brown.
Spread each piece with red pepper pesto or relish. Top with mozzarella, ham, red onion slices, and pineapple wedges. Place another slice of mozzarella on top of the pineapple.
Grill until the cheese has melted and is slightly golden.
Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.
- This recipe was bought to you by Dole.