Healthy hoisin chicken pizza
- 4 x wholemeal pita pockets (about 15cm diameter)
- oil spray
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (100g) grated light mozzarella cheese
- 120g shaved chicken breast
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- coriander or parsley for garnish
Heat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced) and line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
Place pita bread on trays and spray lightly with oil.
Mix hoisin and plum sauces with garlic and smear onto the pita bread.
Sprinkle over half the cheese, top with chicken, spring onion and remaining mozzarella.
Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden and the cheese has melted.
Remove from the oven, sprinkle over herbs and serve.
Related pizza recipes
- Gluten free tomato and salami pizza
- Grilled pizza delight
- Noughts and crosses pizzas
- Party pizza
- Pizza fingers
- Pizza pinwheels
- Roast vegetable pizzas
- Sweet potato pizzas
- Pizza pops
- Turkish bread pizzas
- Hoisin sauce is a Chinese barbecue sauce available in most supermarkets in the Asian food aisle. If you haven’t tasted it yet, you’re in for a real treat!
- Plum sauce is both sweet and savoury and commonly used in Asian cooking. I use it alongside my hoisin sauce in just about everything I can. If you haven’t got plum sauce and don’t want to buy a bottle, you can use a little jam but I would use about 2 teaspoons mixed with a little soy sauce and a small splash of brown vinegar.
- Shaved turkey or even pork would work well for this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.