Kid friendly chefs salad
- 6 cherry tomato (halved)
- 1/3 capsicum
- 6 slice 97% fat-free ham (deli)
- 50 g cheddar cheese
Prepare vegetables – peel and cut carrot into long sticks; cut cucumber into strips, remove inner seeds if you like; slice tomatoes into halves, slice capsicum.
Prepare proteins – roll up ham slices or cut into long strips. Cut cheese into long strips.
Arrange all ingredients on a plate in groups of individual foods so the child can choose what they like.
Serve with soft wholemeal bread and a glass of milk. Let your child eat with their fingers.
Find more recipes for your kids will love:
- Homemade chicken nuggets
- Baby banana pancakes
- Incy mincy fried rice
- Fancy fish fingers
- Meatball macaroni and cheese
- Nachos with invisible beans
- Cheese and ham are the cornerstone of a Chef’s salad but after that it’s really what you’ve got hanging around in the fridge. Any combo of vegetables and cold meats or chicken works well. Sometimes I like to add green grapes or a few blueberries for a sweet note.
- If your child is fussy about eating their food separately, arrange the long strips in a nice pattern, grouping the single foods together so “nothing touches each other”.
- This recipe was created by Catherine Saxelby for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.