Noughts and Crosses Pizzas
- 1 packet of small pizza bases
- ½ cup (125mL) tomato paste
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 200g kabana or cabanossi, sliced into thin rounds
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Lay nine pizza bases out onto two or three baking trays.
Spread each with about 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and top with grated cheese. Use the kabana or cabanossi to create circles (noughts) on four or the pizzas and crosses on the remaining five pizzas (I always liked crosses best!).
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
Options for serving are many – noughts to one half of the family, crosses to the other and play a game on a large platter; place all on a big platter in a 3 x 3 game pattern, or just let the kids choose which one they’d like… “I want a cross, no I want a cross…”
- If you can’t find the pizza bases in the refrigerated section of the supermarket, halved wholemeal muffins work just as well.
- In fact, they are probably a better size for kids’ little hands.
- You can always sneak in thinly sliced tomato, finely grated carrot and zucchini—amazing what you can hide under the cheese.