Yummy curried sausages
- 6 thick sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp jam (any type except for marmalade)
Cook sausages and drain fat from pan.
Slice and set aside.
Saut̩ carrot, onion and potato for 2 mins.
Add curry powder, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste.
Cook for 2 minutes. Add water and stir.
Return sausages to pan and add corn and peas.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
Stir in jam and serve with rice.
- This a a tasty family favourite that is packed full of vegetables.
- It is great for the budget conscious and even my kids will eat this over and over.
- For adults you can up the spice factor with a tad more curry powder.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.