- 90g butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 2 cups Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add egg and vanilla essence.
Stir in banana and Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles.
Sift dry ingredients together.
Add to mixture with nuts, stirring only until combined.
Spread into a greased 23 x 14cm loaf tin.
Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 40-50 minutes or until cooked.
Cool thoroughly before slicing.
Spread with butter and serve.
- Tested by The Australian Women’s Weekly TEST KITCHEN.
- This loaf makes a great breakfast when served lightly toasted
- This recipe was created by Kellogg’s nutritionists