You can make these Candy Sleighs as gifts for teachers, friends or even just for yourself. They are a fun gift to make with the kids.
- 18 large peppermint candy canes
- 10 (45g) Kit Kats
- 1 Giant Value bag (28 pieces) Milky Way
- 1 pkt snack size (12) Twix
- 1 pkt snack size (12) Snickers
- 1 pkt snack size (12) Bounty
- 2 pkt (150g each) Groovy candy rolls
You will also need:
- Sticky tape
- Hot glue gun
- Extra glue sticks
- 9m Christmas ribbon
- 9 gift bows
Step 1. Turn on the glue gun to preheat. Using the sticky tape, tape down the ends of the Kit Kats so you have a smooth rectangular shape.
Step 2. Place a two strips of hot glue on the underside of the Kit Kat and place the candy canes on the glue to set. You should use the edge of a bench to make this easy. Repeat this until all 9 sleighs are made. Turn them over.
Step 3. Place three strips of glue on the top of the Kit Kat and position 3 Milky Ways on top. Repeat for all sleighs.
Step 4. Place 3 strips of hot glue on the Milky Ways and place the Twix, then Snickers and Bounty in a row.
Step 5. Place glue on each Candy roll and stick 4 the top row of each sleigh.
Step 6. Take 1 metre of ribbon and tie around your sleigh, finishing with a bow. Stick your gift bow on top.
- Make sure you place your glue gun on some paper towel in between squirts so you don’t get glue on the bench.
- You can use your own lolly selections if you don’t like the ones we have used. Just make 3 layers and you are done.
- If you don’t have a hot glue gun you can try taping these together with double-sided sticky tape.
- If you want a more traditional Christmas cake recipe then this Christmas fruit cake will do the trick.
- You can make this Christmas shortbread if you really like Christmas baking.
- If you like chocolate then these Christmas tree brownies are a delicious Christmas table treat.
- If you want a Christmas savoury treat then this Christmas tree pizza is an easy dinner with party pizazz.
- If you need a plate to take along to a Christmas party then this Christmas tree cheese platter is perfect.
- You can make this cute Christmas Yule log for your Christmas table and your guests won’t even know it’s a cheaty trick recipe.
- You can take this Cupcake Christmas tree to your Christmas party. It is super easy.
- You can make these Christmas gingerbread families if you love gingerbread. You can get the kids to help you decorate them.
- These Christmas Royals are made from store-bought biscuits withh added touches to make them Christmassy.
- If you need something cool you can make these Christmas angel ice creams for the kids.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.