Chewy choc-banana cookies
- 110 g unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 cup spelt flour (sifted)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (chopped)
Preheat your oven to 175C (155C fan-forced) and line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
Beat together the butter, honey and vanilla until pale and creamy. Stir in the banana.
Add the sifted flour, oats and coconut, and stir until well combined. Add the chocolate and mix well.
Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, place on baking trays and flatten.
Place in oven and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
Leave on trays to cool.
Find more biscuit and cookie recipes.
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Yo-yo biscuits
- The banana replaces egg as a binder, giving the cookies a nice chewiness.
- We recommend using approximately 4-5 squares of 70 percent cocoa dark chocolate.
- These cookies will keep the kids satisfied until dinner time!
- This recipe was created by Brenda Janschek for Kidspot.