Coconut flour pancakes
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey ( or raw honey)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (75g) coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3-4 tbsp butter
Step 1. In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil and honey with a whisk vigourously until they are creamed together.
Step 2. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
Step 3. Gradually whisk in the coconut flour, bicarbonate soda and salt until you have a nice batter consistency.
Step 4. Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a teaspoon of butter. When melted, pour in 1/3 cup measures of pancake batter. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and then flip to cook the other side.
- You could make these using a mixer but I found it just as easy with a whisk.
- You may need to add a spoon or two extra of coconut flour. Depending on how your batter turns out.
- You can replace the cow's milk in this recipe with coconut milk if you prefer.
- Sprinkle freshly cooked pancakes with fresh lemon juice and a dusting of caster sugar.
- Maple syrup is always a favourite to serve with pancakes, but our Managing Editor's favourite are these orange syrup pancakes.
- If you prefer a slightly fluffier pancake, some people swear you need buttermilk which apparently traps air bubbles more effectively than this basic pancake recipe.
- If your family is adventurous, try Kidspot's 2-ingredient pancakes. Some families swear by them, while others express disdain at the idea of eggs mixed with mashed banana.
- Chocoholics can delight in our chocolate pancake recipe, or even tempt themselves with a choc chip pancake recipe.
- If your household loves pancakes every weekend, make up this bulk pancake recipe, which will keep in an airtight container for up to three months.
- This caramel banana recipe is a delicious accompaniment to any batch of pancakes, as is this peaches and custard topping.
- Wholemeal apple pancakes or berry pancakes with yoghurt are a great way to add a dash of nutrtitious fruit to a weekend treat breakfast. And don't forget blueberry pancakes. Yum!
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.