Green eggs breakfast
- 1/2 avocado (small)
- 1 tbs chives (chopped)
- 1 tbs parsley (chopped)
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs (large)
- 3 slice multigrain sourdough (toasted)
- 3 spray olive oil spray
- 1 cup spinach leaves
Place avocado, chives, parsley, chilli powder and lemon juice into a processor and blitz until smooth.
Season avocado mixture with salt and pepper and set aside.
Bring a small frying pan of water to a simmer and spritz with lemon juice.
Add eggs to simmering water and poach for 3-5 minutes – all depending on how you like your eggs.
While eggs are cooking, toast bread, spray lightly with oil and top with spinach leaves.
Top toast with egg and spoon over green sauce before serving.
Find related breakfast recipes
- Banana and honey porridge
- Basic pancakes
- Cheese omelette
- Breakfast burritos
- Baked cinnamon apple porridge
- You can leave out the chilli powder if you prefer, and just season with salt and pepper.
- Keep the other half of the avocado from going brown by keeping the stone in and by covering the cut edge with lemon juice.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.