Homemade almond butter
- 3 cups (500g) almond kernals
Step 1. Preheat oven and place almonds on an baking tray lined with baking paper.
Step 2. Roast almonds for 5-8 minutes or until you can smell that delicious nutty smell.
Step 3. Place almonds in food processor and process on high for 2 minutes until you have almond meal.
Step 4. Keep processing the almond meal for a further 5 minutes until the meal starts to liquify. Keep in an airtight jar.
Find related almond recipes
- Broccoli with garlic and almonds
- 3 ingredient almond biscuits
- Almond and chocolate Easter bread
- Almond and yoghurt pound cake
- Choc almond biscotti
- Almond croissants
- Healthy almond honey oat yoghurt muffins
- Apple, mango and almond crumble
- Pear and almond cake
- Make sure that you give your food precessor a rest periodically so you don't blow up the motor.
- Almond meal is what you have at the halfway mark and it is perfect for making delicious friands.
- This almond butter will keep for 7-10 days in airtight container in the fridge.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.