Pumpkin and spinach risotto
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- handful of spinach leaves, finely chopped
Peel and deseed the pumpkin and cut into small chunks. Place in a pot of boiling water and cook for around 10 minutes or until soft. Strain water and set aside.
In a small saucepan, heat the oil and add the rice. Stir until all rice is covered in the oil and cook for a minute or so until the rice looks a little glassy.
Add a little bit of the stock – around half a cup at a time – and stir until all the stock is soaked up by the rice, then add more stock.
Continue until almost all the stock has been used – leave around a tablespoon of stock.
Add final tablespoon of stock and place in blender with the chopped spinach leaves and cooked pumpkin.
Blend until smooth enough for your baby’s age. The risotto may be a little chunky but this is a good recipe for introducing baby to chunkier foods.
Find related baby recipes
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Fruit puree recipe
- Baby vegetable recipe
- Can be frozen for up to six weeks. You may need to add a little extra water to the risotto when you heat it up again to prevent it from drying out.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham for Kidspot.