Rice bubble and sultana biscuits
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup Rice Bubbles
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sultanas
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160° fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
In a bowl, combine the flour, Rice Bubbles, coconut, sultanas and sugar.
Add the butter and egg and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and place them on the baking tray, leaving space between to allow for spreading.
Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- If you or the kids don’t like sultanas, replace them with dates, raisins or chopped dried figs – or even a combination of all three.
- Turn these biscuits into a birthday party treat by adding ½ cup Mini M&Ms.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand
Find more biscuit and cookie recipes.
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- Three ingredient shortbread
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Yo-yo biscuits