Simple sausage rolls
- 1kg sausage mince
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot finely grated
- 4 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg lightly beaten with a ½ cup of milk
Preheat oven to180C.
Separate 4 sheets of puff pastry to defrost and cut each sheet in half.
Mix sausage mince with diced onion and carrot.
Evenly divide the mix into 8 portions and lie along each pastry rectangle.
Roll one edge of the sausage mix and tuck the mix evenly under it with a knife.
Brush egg wash on the other edge and roll the pastry on topSlice this into 3 and lie on a baking paper lined oven tray.
Continue until all the sausage mix is rolled and placed on the trays.
Brush each roll with the egg wash and cook for approximately 25-20 mins.
Find related kids party recipes:
- Chicken sausage rolls
- Chocolate balloon bowls
- Frog in the pond cupcakes
- Funny face biscuits
- Tic toc tea cups
- Garden party cheesecake cupcakes
- Fairy birthday party cake
- Fruity sticks
- Sleepy Tiny teddies
- Tuna and veggie boats
- Party pizzas
- Kids’ trifles
- These are great for entertaining and picnics and feeding a crowd.
- To make party sausage rolls cut the pastry sheet in 3 and slice into 6 pieces.
- Serve with lots of tomato sauce.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.