White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup plain flour (gluten-free, see notes below)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- half a cup white chocolate, roughly chopped
- half a cup dried sweet cranberries
Preheat oven to 190C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Place sugar in a large bowl, melt butter and pour over sugar. Stir well, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Roll 2 tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place 3-4cm apart on trays, press down slightly.
Bake 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven, cool slightly before removing to a wire rack to cool completely .
- This is a fabulous basic biscuit recipe, add whatever you like to the mix, but keep the same quantities. I used up my Christmas leftover ingredients of white chocolate and cranberries makes that festive spirit (over eating!) last just a bit longer.
- I used gluten-free plain flour and 2 teaspoons baking powder to make these biscuits gluten-free.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.