Apple scented play dough
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 2 1/2 tbsp (50ml) apple fragranced shampoo
- red or green food colouring
Step 1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the flour, salt and cream of tartar. Pour in the water, oil and shampoo
Step 2. Add a couple of drops of your chosen food colouring and whisk in.
Step 3. Place over a medium heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir constantly until the mixture forms a ball.
Step 4. Turn out onto a clean surface and leave to cool for a few minutes. Knead until you have a smooth ball. Store in a resealable bag or closed container in the fridge.
Find more play dough recipes
- Apple scented shampoo is readily available in the supermarket.
- Whisking the ingredients together before they go over the heat is essential in this recipe.
- I keep play dough in the fridge to prolong shelf life.