Hands and feet garden artwork
Handprint art is a rite of passage for mums and kids. Big kids and little kids will love getting messy with this handprint and footprint garden artwork project. What other things would you add to the garden scene?
What you need:
- 1 x A2 sheet of cardboard or paper
- paint brushes
- a large bucket of soapy water (for clean ups)
- an old towel (same as above)
Number of players:
Find an area outside or lay down lots of sheets of newspaper or a drop sheet before you begin. This gets messy!
The best way to make handprints and footprints is to paint the soles of your feet or the palms of your hands and then press onto the paper.
Make the sun by rotating one handprint around in the same direction.
Once you have your prints, add whatever embellishments you need to create your garden scene.
Don't forget the finger grass!
Hints and tips:
- You can Google "handprint art" to get more inspiration for birds and flowers made out of handprints and footprints.
- You can also make a butterfly out of two footprints.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.