These yummy curried sausages are a classic that the whole family will love. It’s a great budget meal that’s quick and easy enough to whip up midweek.
Yummy Curried Sausages
- 6 thick Sausages
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 1 Potato diced
- 1 tbsp Worchester Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 2 tbsp Jam any type except for marmalade
Cook sausages and drain fat from pan.
Slice and set aside.
Sauté carrot, onion and potato for 2 mins.
Add curry powder, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste.
Cook for 2 minutes. Add water and stir.
Return sausages to pan and add corn and peas.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
Stir in jam and serve with rice.
- This a a tasty family favourite that is packed full of vegetables.
- It is great for the budget conscious and even my kids will eat this over and over.
- For adults you can up the spice factor with a tad more curry powder.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.