Lulu’s cheese puffs
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 2 cups of grated cheese, any sort of hard cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup of milk
Preheat oven to 180C. Sift flour into a large bowl.
Mix in all other ingredients using a wooden spoon, adding the milk last to bind.
Mix well to ensure even combination, particularly the flour and milk to the mixture should be quite sticky.
Grease a muffin tin, or baking sheet and set aside.
Use a tablespoon to pop golf ball-sized amounts into the tin or onto the sheet.
Bake for approx. 10 minutes.
Cool in tray for five minutes then pop out separating edges of each puff with knife from tray. Serve immediately.
- These puffs are divine with parmesan, tasty cheese and a glass of red wine.
- You can serve the puffs with butter as well.
- Feel free to add a small tin of corn kernels or even chopped chili to this recipe for a different flavour.