- 1 portion pizza dough
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1 pepperoni stick, sliced
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 100g beef mince, cooked
- 50g ham, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 200C. Roll out pizza dough and place on hot pizza stone or baking tray.
Pour the barbecue sauce and pizza sauce onto the dough and use the back of a dessertspoon to combine the two sauces and spread evenly over the dough.
Spread the cooked mince over the dough then place the pepperoni, sausage and ham on top of this.
Scatter the cheese evenly across the pizza. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until the cheese is golden and melted.
- The key to a crisp pizza base is to put the dough directly onto an oven-hot surface. I use a pizza stone and place it into the oven when I preheat the oven. When I make the pizza, I pull the stone out of the oven and create the pizza directly on top of the stone.
- I like to mix the BBQ sauce and the pizza sauce together as I find that BBQ sauce alone is too sweet.
- I have to admit that this pizza almost put me in a meat-induced coma! Next time I make it, Ill add some vegetables and call it Meat and Veggie Lovers Pizza.
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.