Quick tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin (400g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add the onion.
Gently fry the onion until translucent and add the garlic.
Cook for 1 minute and add the crushed tomatoes and basil.
Bring to the boil and add balsamic vinegar.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Toss through cooked pasta and serve.
More pasta recipes:
- Chorizo pasta
- Bacon and bean fettucine
- Curtis Stone's fettucine bolognaise
- Ear pasta with peas and bacon
- Chicken lasagne
- Sage butter ravioli
- Light spaghetti carbonara
- Pork and fennel meatball pasta
- Don’t forget to have some parmesan cheese on standby when cooking this sauce. It tastes so good with a generous sprinkling.
- If you have some wine on hand you can give this sauce a splash for flavour.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.