Bring your creativity to the table with this project. Making brooches is a fun way to show your stuff with art and craft. This activity is fun for all kids and really brings out their individuality. Make funny faces, freaky faces or add a touch of crazy critter. The choice is yours.
What you need:
- a large safety pin
- buttons or craft eyes
- pipe cleaners or wool for hair
- decorative embellishments: pencils, crayons, glitter glue, fabric, glue, paint, paintbrushes
Number of players:
Cut the cardboard into a medium sized circle.
Use the crayons and fabric to create a skin colour and facial features.
You can use buttons for eyes and pipe cleaners for hair.
Once all of your embellishments are dry and set, turn your cardboard over and tape your safety pin to the circle.
- Alternatively you could collect facial features from old magazines to make up the face.
- Think creatively and see what you have lying around at home; drink bottle lids could make interesting glasses for the face, and leaves from outside could create uniquely textured hair.
- To strengthen the pin into place, rather than the tape or glue, you could stick the pin to the cardboard and then to you top.