Getting together for some Halloween fun doesn’t have to be a chore with decorations spread across the house. These simple, no fuss games have been created for when the resources are low and the imagination has to be called upon.
- Pop your Halloween lollies in the jar, making sure you know exactly how many there are.
- Have the kids guess the amount of lollies in the jar. Each guest only gets one turn!
- The closest to the correct amount gets to take the jar home.
Zombies and ghouls
- Blindfold the zombie and give him a spin.
- Give the ghouls a 10 second head start and let the zombie loose.
- Each time a ghoul is tagged, he has the bug and is sat out of the game.
- The winner is the last ghoul standing.
- There is ONE twist – the zombie must behave like a zombie. A staggering motion with his hands out in front to tag.
- Create a starting point and a turn around point.
- Split the kids up in to two even teams and line them up in single file.
- Hand a broom to the first team player in each team.
- The first team player is to run around the turn around point and back to the second team player.
- Passing the broom to the second team player, the first team player goes to the back of the line and the second team player runs around the turn around point.
- Continue until all the the kids have had a fly on the broom.
- The first team to get through all of their players WINS!
- Start the kids off by creating a great beginning to a spooky story – see notes for inspiration
- Going around the room, each child adds a sentence to the story.
- As it grows, the imaginations of kids will get more and more wild.
- You might want to have a video camera handy – it could get quite funny!
Some great story starters for your kids:
- In the big, old house on the corner stood a …
- Behind the closed curtain in the quiet dark room there was a …
- Around the campfire, the kids sat listening to the noises in the forest. They heard …
- Gather the kids together and have them stand with their arms out so they cannot touch eachother. This creates a nice area where nobody can get hurt.
- Pop your music on and watch the monster mosh.
- Stop the music keeping a close eye on them all
- The last one to stop sits out and the game continues.
- The last one standing WINS!