Hand print wreath
The delight of this activity is in the moment it documents, in years to come it will be fun to look back and see how your little one’s hands have grown.
What you need:
- String or ribbon (if you would like to hang the wreath)
- Three colours of paint (and paintbrush) or paper (coloured paper, wrapping/ printed paper, newspaper)
- Choose a personalized poem, a photo or a drawing to glue in the middle of the wreath.
Number of players:
Choose which way you wish to perfom this activity.
If painting: paint and stamp your child’s hand about 9 times onto paper.
If using different papers: trace your child’s hand using a pencil onto different types of paper about 9 times.
Cut out the little hands.
Arrange the hands around a centre piece of paper (a circle shape may be the easiest).
Glue in place.
Choose your design for the centre of the wreath and fasten it to the wreath.
If you wish to hang the wreath fasten ribbon or string to the top back of the wreath.
- If you make more than nine hands this is great, the more hands the better, as this will create a leafy layered effect for the final product.
- For the centre of the wreath, use a bowl to trace a perfect circle.