Our home is our sanctuary from the hazards of the outside world however it turns out that air pollution isn’t just a problem outside. It’s a problem inside too. In fact, the average home can be up to five times more polluted than the air outside. 1
The reasons for this are many and varied:
- The ‘fresh’ air we let in can contain pollutants such as tree pollen. These can then become trapped inside along with dust and mould.
- Indoor plants and flowers can release pollen, and pet dander from cats or dogs can spread microscopic material around the home.
- Paint on the walls, door and window frames may contain volatile organic compounds, which can be released as gaseous chemicals throughout their life.
- Your favourite cleaning products, scented candles and air fresheners may contain chemical substances that release benzene and formaldehyde into the air as they are used. Candles also release soot.
- Furniture foam found in some textile covered furniture can release formaldehyde gas
- Some synthetic carpets, rugs and flooring can emit formaldehyde and volatile organise compounds throughout their life.
- Gas hobs and cooking fumes emit fumes and odours into the air
Clear the air
Clean air also helps to reduce odours and increase sanitation in the home.
The Dyson Pure Hot + Cool LinkTM purifier automatically captures gases and 99.95% of fine particles such as allergens and pollutants from the air 2 in your home. It does this by pulling in the polluted air from every angle, putting it through a glass HEPA filter and tris-coated activated graphite to capture gases such as odours, household fumes and formaldehyde2.
Then, using Air MultiplierTM technology, the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link TM purifier projects purified air throughout the room.
Monitor air quality
You can’t always see the indoor air pollution but with the Dyson Link app you can! You can monitor indoor and outdoor air quality 3 and in addition to purifying, you can also heat or cool the air.
Safe & quiet
The Dyson Pure Hot + Cool LinkTM purifier doesn’t have blades like some traditional fans or heaters so it’s safe for little fingers and has quiet settings so it doesn’t disturb anyone’s sleep.
¹ Supported by data from the Centre of Australian Weather and Climate Research.
2 Particle capture tested to EN1822. Gaseous capture tested to JEM 1467 (acetic acid, acetaldehyde, ammonia), GB/T18801 (formaldehyde, benzene) and DTM-003282 (NO2). Gaseous capture rates vary.
3 App functionality may vary by location. Requires WiFi and app enabled device. Standard data and messaging rates may apply.