Have you ever thought of making your own candles? Create a soothing atmosphere in your home or whip together some scented candles as a thoughtful gift this year.
Recycle your old mason or jam jars and create your own scented candles with this easy weekend craft idea.
- Soy wax flakes
- Double-boiler saucepan, or a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water
- Ready-made wicks
- Hot-glue gun – if your wicks don’t come with a sticky dot underneath
- Essential oils or liquid fragrance
- Mason jar
- Measure your wax flakes into the top pot of a double-boiler saucepan, with boiling water in the pot below. Melt the flakes over a medium heat.
- In the meantime stick your wicks in the center of your mason jar with either a hot glue gun or the sticky pad that comes with the wicks. Wind the top of the wick around a chopstick to keep it straight.
- Once the wax has melted stir through a few drops of your desired fragrance.
- Slowly poor your wax into your mason jars being careful not to disturb the wick.
- Let your candles set for up to 24 hours.
Written by Monique Renee
Usually barefoot and deep in wanderlust mode, Mon loves binging Netflix, cuddling babies and stalking through Instagram looking for boho decor inspo. You’ll usually find her on holiday, planning a holiday or thinking about holidays.
Favourite Instagram to follow: @the_female_lead