Chicken wonton cups
- 1 cup poached chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 8-10 wonton skins
- ½ carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 5cm cucumber, seeds removed and cut into matchsticks then cut in half again
- 5cm celery, cut into matchsticks then cut in half again
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and place wonton skins in moulds. Bake until golden (approx 8 minutes), remove and cool.
Place honey, sweet soy, and water in a medium bowl, stir well to combine. Pour over shredded chicken, add sesame seeds and combine well.
Serve matchstick vegetables in separate bowls along with the lettuce and chicken and the individual wonton cups.
Let the kids fill their cups and build their own dinner.
- Kids love to be in control so let them lose with these – you just have to prepare the ingredients, and they can do the rest.
- Swap the vegetables for your child’s favorites. For a vegetarian option, pour dressing over tofu and warm in the oven then serve.
- These also make great party snacks for adults too!
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand