- 400g can chick peas, drained
- half a red capsicum, chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 punnet grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- half a cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 60g salad leaves
- half a cup basil leaves
- half a cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 100g feta, cubed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic dressing
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
Whisk balsamic dressing, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Pour about half the dressing over the salad and toss well.
Add more dressing if needed.
- I like to drain the chick peas, rinse in cold water and drain again it gets all the starchy coating off them.
- I didnt have any feta in the fridge, so used some goats cheese, which tasted wonderful, but didnt hold up very well with the tossing.
- Fried squares of haloumi cheese are also fabulous in this dish.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.