- 1 cup (220g) granulated sugar
- 5-15 drops liquid food colouring
Step 1. Place the sugar in a small bowl and add 5-15 drops of food colouring depending on how bright you want the result to be.
Step 2. Stir well with a fork until all the sugar is coloured.
Step 3. Allow the coloured sugar to dry, then seal in an air tight container.
- This is a great way to decorate cupcakes and desserts and looks especially good on chocolate-dipped strawberries.
- Tint the sugar different colours: orange and black for Halloween, green for St Patrick's Day and blue and red for Australia Day!
- Recipe created by Picklebums.