Pizza tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups crushed tomatos (or 1 tin of chopped tomatoes)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil then add the onion and garlic. Cook stirring over a moderate heat until transluscent.
Add tomato paste and stir through the onions and garlic. Cook for three minutes.
Add the remaing ingredients and stir to combine.
Allow to simmer uncovered over a low heat for 20 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Stir occasionally to avoid the sauce sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- One of the greatest things about making your own pizzas, is making the tomato sauce too. This way you can guarrantee a really tasty base too.
- This is a super-easy recipe – and you could double it so you have enough sauce for multiple pizza nights.
- This sauce will keep in the fridge for about week in a glass jar.
- This Pizza tomato sauce recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.