Slow cooker lamb shoulder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lamb shoulder, bone in
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
Heat oil in a large frypan. Season lamb with salt and pepper and brown well on all sides.
Halve carrots lengthwise and lay in the base of a slow cooker. Sprinkle half the garlic and rosemary over the carrots and top with the lamb. Top with remaining garlic and rosemary.
Return frypan to the heat and pour in wine. Allow to bubble up. Add chicken stock. Bring to the boil then pour over lamb in slow cooker. Place a piece of baking paper over lamb, put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours until meat is tender and falling off the bone.
Find related lamb recipes
- Baby lamb balti pies
- Chargrilled lamb and vegetables
- Creamy moussaka
- Easy lamb curry
- Easy shepherd’s pie
- Favourite lamb casserole
- Frills’ Shepherd’s pie
- Garlic lemon rosemary lamb fillet
- Greek-style lamb shanks
- Healthy roast lamb
- When buying your lamb shoulder you will need to check that it fits into your slow cooker. If you think it may be too big, you can get your butcher to trim it.
- Serve lamb with mashed root vegetables, roasted potatoes or on flat breads with a yoghurt dressing.
- Strain off the liquid out of the slow cooker and use it to make a delicious gravy to serve with the lamb.