Spicy avocado salsa
Serves 4 as a side salad and 8 as a salsa
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 100g yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 1-2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
Mix all ingredients together and keep in fridge.
- If not serving within 30 minutes, add tomatoes in before serving to avoid the salsa getting watery (or de-seed before mixing together).
- I’ve used yellow capsicum because I like the sweet flavour, but you can use any capsicum you like.
- This salsa would be lovely served in lettuce cups with a bit of left-over chicken – yummy lunch.
- Feel free to omit the chilli if you are serving to children.
- I have used lemon juice in this recipe but it is also nice if you use lime juice in its place.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad