Veggie-packed beef burgers
- 2 kg minced beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, finely grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large green apple, grated
- 1 cup (about 1 bunch) parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
You will also need:
- burger buns
Step 1. Place all patty ingredients into a bowl and mix together well using your hands.
Step 2. Form into burger patties and set aside the ones you need today. Place the remaining patties into resealable bags, separating each patty with baking paper.
Step 3. Heat a grill or frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking oil. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes per side. Do not overcook or they will be dry.
Step 4. Place patties into burger buns with salad ingredients and add your favourite condiments.
- You can easily halve this recipe but in the interest of having a second meal easily ready we opted to double the meat quantity. We doubt you want half an onion and carrot hanging around.
- You can add 2 tsp of chilli flakes to this recipe for a bit of kick but be careful when serving these to children.
- If you are looking for a gourmet version of these burgers then you can place a ball of cream cheese and chives mix into the centre of each patty and cook as per our instructions.
- You can skip using these as burgers and roll them into meatballs if you like. They are perfect meatball served with tomato and sweet chilli sauces.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.