You can make this large batch of delicious vegetable-packed burger patties and freeze what you don’t need for later.
They’re a great freezer standby and these sweet, moist burger patties will have the kids asking for more.
Veggie-packed beef burgers
Veggie-Packed Beef Burgers
- 2 kg Minced Beef
- 1 large Onion finely chopped
- 2 medium Zucchini finely grated
- 1 large Carrot grated
- 1 large Green Apple grated
- 1 cup Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
You Will Also Need
- Burger Buns
- Place all patty ingredients into a bowl and mix together well using your hands.
- Form into burger patties and set aside the ones you need today. Place the remaining patties into resealable bags, separating each patty with baking paper.
- Heat a grill or frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking oil. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes per side. Do not overcook or they will be dry.
- Place patties into burger buns with salad ingredients and add your favourite condiments.
- You can easily halve this recipe but in the interest of having a second meal easily ready we opted to double the meat quantity. We doubt you want half an onion and carrot hanging around.
- You can add 2 tsp of chilli flakes to this recipe for a bit of kick but be careful when serving these to children.
- If you are looking for a gourmet version of these burgers then you can place a ball of cream cheese and chives mix into the centre of each patty and cook as per our instructions.
- You can skip using these as burgers and roll them into meatballs if you like. They are perfect meatball served with tomato and sweet chilli sauces.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.