An outdoor activity box
Children love being outdoors, running around engaging in imaginative play. You can encourage creative natural play by creating an outdoor box full of creative ideas.
What you need:
- A large box
- Skipping rope
- Hula hoop
- Soccer ball
- Tennis ball
Number of players:
When your kids are playing outside – whether in the back garden or at the local park – you can bring out the outdoor activity box which will give them plenty of creative play ideas.
- A tennis ball can be rolled down a hill, put in the toe end of a cut-up pair of tights, or used in a circus game as a juggling ball.
- Chalk can be used to decorate the back fence, to create pet rocks, or draw up an invented pavement game.
- A hula hoop can be turned into a 'magic pond', twirled on arms and legs, or chased along the grass.
- A skipping rope can turn into a squirmy snake, be a river or hold up a homemade tent.
- Keeping an outdoor activity box topped up is a great way to keep your kids busy for hours as they enjoy open-ended imaginative play with the contents.
- Encourage your kids to make up their own ball games.
- Chalk is a great outside toy – not only does is encourage creative play, it's easy to wash away when the playing is done!
- This activity has been brought to you by The Natural Confectionery Co.