Build a newspaper house
Whether you're inside or outside, a spontaneous cubby made from newspaper, string and masking tape is heaps of fun. Building a newspaper house is a great way to spend any day – particularly a rainy afternoon. Make as many rooms as you want – or until you run out of newspaper!
What you need:
- Masking tape
- 3M hooks if you don’t have anything to tie the string to
Number of players:
1. If using temporary 3M hooks, stick them at equal heights and the desired distance apart to create the foundation for your newspaper house.
2. Tie the end of a piece of string onto one hook, then pull taut and tie around the next. Repeat until all four ‘frames’ are hung.
3. Tape two sheets of newspaper together – short ends together so it’s an extra long and skinny strip.
4. Tape one end to the string ‘frame.’ Repeat until all the string frames are covered, creating ‘walls.’
5. Tape the panels together in the centre of your newspaper house to minimise the panels moving. Cut out a window and door and let the kids move in!
This craft was created by Belinda Graham, who blogs at The Happy Home Blog.