Construct a fishing game
All you need is a few basic materials to construct this fun magnetic fishing line that is also a game. Kids will love pretending to 'fish' when they have finished crafting.
What you need:
- 20cm of string
- 2 or 3 small magnets
- coloured paper
- large paper clip
Number of players:
Wrap the ribbon around the chopstick and tape it in place.
Tie the other end of the string (the dangling end) to the large paper clip.
Using your pencil, draw two or more fish on the coloured paper and cut them out.
Tape the small magnets to them.
Now your child can go 'fishing' – tell them to hold the chopstick fishing line and dangle the paper clip over the magnetised fish. They will attract one another and therefore be easy to 'catch'.
- Make sure the magnets are not too large as they may be too heavy for the paper clip.
Find more printables and fun:
- Chore and reward charts
- Colouring pages
- Easy mazes
- Medium level mazes
- Hard level mazes
- Medium dot-to-dots
- Hard dot-to-dots
- Colour by numbers
Find more paper craft ideas:
- Easy origami for kids
- Video tutorials on how to make paper planes
- Make your own Christmas cards
- 5 adorable Mother's Day cards to make
- 5 fun things to print and make
- 5 ways to display kids' art