Even littlies can have heaps of fun using their fingers dipped into a tray of brightly coloured paints to create these very effective homemade cards.
What you need:
- Different coloured paints
- Dish or paint tray
- Coloured paper
- Coloured pencils
Number of players:
Fill paint dishes with coloured paint.
Fold the coloured paper into cards.
Trace a simple design onto the front of the card: like flowers, or a simple word like ‘mum’ or ‘love’, or love hearts.
Get your child to stamp their painted fingertips onto the card and ‘colour in’ the penciled design.
Allow to dry.
Colour in and add pencil detailing to finalise the card’s design.
- It’s a good idea to cover your workspace with recycled newspaper or a plastic tablecloth to avoid getting paint on the table.
- Have a damp washcloth handy to wipe off excess paint from child’s hands when changing colours.
- Get creative and use whatever colours you like.
- Just remember to use colours that contrast with your coloured card to be sure it shows up well.
- You may want to have your child write her personal message inside the card before starting the paint process.
- It can be done afterward, but if it’s done before there’s no risk of accidentally messing up her creation.