Flags of the world: Union Jack
Flags of the world are often taught to our children in middle primary school. They learn briefly about the history of the country and what the flag and its colours represent. Learn a little bit about the Union Jack of the United Kingdom with this colouring printable flag for kids.
What you need:
- computer with internet access
- coloured pencils or markers
Number of players:
United Kingdom Flag
Became official: 1707
Representation: The Union Jack is made up of three individual flags.
- The red cross comes from St George of England.
- Saint Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland,is represented by the diagonal red cross.
- Saint Andrew is the patron Saint of Scotland. This cross is depicted in white on the blue background of the flag also moving from corner to corner.
Joined together, all three crosses form the flag of the United Kingdom.
Did you know?
The flag of the United Kingdom is commonly called the Union Jack because it represents the union of three countries. But the correct name is actually the Union Flag and the term Union Jack should only be used when the flag is flying on a ship.
Print your own United Kingdom flag to colour in. See the colours you need to use below.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot
for creating the printable flag template. Australia