Pom pom Very Hungry Caterpillar
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, with its strikingly simple illustrations and story, is a great jumping-off point for some fun craft ideas for kids. This pom pom caterpillar munches through his own leaf.
What you need:
- 1 x piece of green construction paper
- 5 x green pom poms
- 1 x red pom pom
- 2 x googly craft eyes
- 1 x small piece of black pipe cleaner
- hole punch
- lead pencil
Number of players:
Make the caterpillar's body by gluing the five green pom poms together in a row. Add the red pom pom as the caterpillar's head.
Give him a face with googly craft eyes. Cut two small pieces of pipe cleaner and glue them on as antennae.
Now draw a leaf shape on the green paper. Cut it out. Punch holes (this will be your toddler's favourite part) around the edge of the leaf, where the caterpillar has munched through one green leaf.
Ask you toddler what else the caterpillar munched through.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
More Very Hungry Caterpillar crafts on Kidspot:
- Very Hungry Caterpillar handprint art
- Very Hungry Caterpillar egg carton craft
- Paper craft Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Very Hungry Caterpillar finger painting
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Bento Box