Helpful Tips brought to you by Dettol
A healthy home is a happy home.
Bacteria can survive on surfaces for varying amounts of time, depending on conditions.
The germ hotspots around the home include:
In the kitchen:
- Kitchen sink and taps
- Cleaning cloths and sponges
- Benchtops and cutting boards
- Hand contact surfaces (cupboard and fridge door handles, knobs, and switches)
- Surfaces touched by pets or animals
- Food and waste bins
- Fridge interior
In the bathroom:
- Toilet seat and flush handle
- Sink, shower and bathroom taps
- Damp corners where mould and mildew can grow
In the nursery:
- Changing mat and surrounding surfaces
- Floor (if you have crawling children or toddlers) and play mat
- Children’s toys
In the living room and bedroom:
- TV remote control
- Telephone handset
- Light switches
Using appropriate products as part of your cleaning routine, like those from Dettol, will help keep your home hygienically clean.
Content provided by Dettol
What’s the hardest area to keep clean in your home?