This pizza just disappears when it hits my dinner table. A combination of chicken and smoky barbecue sauce is something that my kids really love. Give it a try!
- 2 pizza bases
- 1 cup barbecue-style pizza sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cored and sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Spray 2 pizza trays with canola spray and lay the pizza bases on the trays.
Spread 1/2 cup barbecue sauce over each base.
Scatter 1 cup of chicken over each pizza. Divide red capsicum strips between each.
Arrange sliced mushrooms over each base next and finish by topping both with the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is slightly golden.
Related pizza recipes
- Gluten free tomato and salami pizza
- Grilled pizza delight
- Noughts and crosses pizzas
- Party pizza
- Pizza fingers
- Pizza pinwheels
- Roast vegetable pizzas
- Sweet potato pizzas
- Pizza pops
- Turkish bread pizzas
- I used a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket for this recipe. A supermarket chook will give you around 3-4 cups of chicken when stripped off the bones. It’s best to strip the chicken while it is still warm.
- You can use a pizza blend grated cheese in place of the cheddar and mozzarella if it is available.
- Pizza blend is a combination of cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan cheese in one bag that is pre-grated and is readily available at most supermarkets.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.