- 1 cup of flour
- half a tsp baking soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- half a tsp cinnamon
- half a tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- half a cup raw sugar
- half a cup cold-pressed rice bran oil
- 200g crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- half a cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 180C.
Mix all the ingredients together except the carrots, pineapple and walnuts.
Once these ingredients are combined, fold in the remaining ingredients.
Pour mix into a lined loaf tin and bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
- This is a wonderful recipe its so easy, you really can let your kids make it from beginning to end. You only need to be on hand to do the oven stuff!
- If you cant find (or dont have!) rice bran oil, you can replace it with another vegetable oil I really like to use grapeseed oil.
- Some people dont like to mix their fruits and veggies (!) so if you feel uncomfortable adding pineapple to a Carrot Cake, just leave it out. The cake will still be moist, even if it is missing a little of the extra sweetness that the pineapple gives.
- This recipe was created by for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.