Crispy choc-mint Rice Bubble bars
- 200 g milk chocolate melts
- 200 g peppermint chocolate
- 50 g Copha
- 5 cup Rice Bubbles
- 2 x 40 g Cadbury Mint Bubbly chocolate
- 200 g white chocolate melts
- 5 drops green food colouring (liquid)
Grease and line an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice tray with baking paper and set aside. Place the milk chocolate melts, peppermint chocolate and Copha into a saucepan and melt over medium heat.
Place the Rice Bubbles into a large bowl and pour over the melted chocolate mixture. Mix well to combine.
Working quickly, spoon the mixture into the prepared tray, add the chopped Aero Mint (or Cadbury Bubbly) bars and press down firmly (use the palm of your hand to help).
Place the white chocolate melts into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt on 50 percent power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a dry metal spoon. Pour the white chocolate over the top of the slice.
Add 4-5 drops of food colouring and use a skewer to make swirly patterns.
Place back into the fridge for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight), before cutting into slices.
Find related sweet Christmas recipes
- Cheerios Christmas trees
- Christmas angel ice creams
- Christmas candy cane cookies
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas jelly slice
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Christmas pudding pops
- Christmas trifle
- Christmas Yule log
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Any brand of peppermint-filled chocolate can be used.
- This slice is best made the day before it’s required.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Use a sharp knife to slice into bars or squares.
- You can substitute the chopped Aero Mint or Cadbury Bubbly Bars for Peppermint Crisps if you prefer.