Easy rice paper rolls
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- 50g shredded sugarloaf cabbage, shredded
- handful of snow pea sprouts
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 poached chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 100g firm tofu, roughly chopped
- handful of coriander leaves
- 12 x 22cm rice paper wrappers
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
Boil the kettle, place the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for a few minutes and drain. Once cool, snip the noodles into little strips.
Prepare remaining ingredients and place each one on a separate plate.
Whisk all dipping sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
Arrange all plates on the dinner table or kitchen bench with dipping sauce .
Using a bowl of very hot water, soak each rice paper sheet and drain by laying on a clean tea towel. These will dry out very quickly so I recommend that you soak each sheet as you need it.
Find more related recipes
- Chicken sausage rolls
- Homemade sausage rolls
- Snazzy sausage rolls
- Mince fajitas
- Spicy lamb pasties
- Mini quiche lorraines
- Mozzarella meatballs
- Tomato meatballs
- If you are making these for guests, you will need to cover them with a damp tea towel to prevent the rolls drying out.
- You could also serve these with sweet chilli sauce alongside the dipping sauce so your guests have a choice.
- If you prefer a crunchier spring rolls, you can spray the fresh rolls with a little canola oil and pop them in a hot oven for about 10 minutes or until golden on all sides.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder