Mini panettone muffins
- 2 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 100 g mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup milk (warmed)
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbs honey
- 115 g butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place the flour, yeast and dried fruit into the bowl of a large stand mixer.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, egg yolk, honey and butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the mixer bowl with the dry ingredients.
Using the dough hook attachment, knead the mixture on a low speed, for around 5 minutes – it should cling to the dough hook, but still be quite sticky. Finally, add the almonds and knead briefly to incorporate.
Cover the bowl with cling film and set aside to rise for at least an hour, or until doubled in size (alternatively, leave overnight in the fridge). When the dough has risen, divide it into 12 even balls and place into a lined muffin tin.
- Leave the muffins aside to rise again until almost doubled in size. Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until dark golden brown and cooked through. Leave to cool on a rack.
Find more Christmas recipes
- Cheerios Christmas trees
- Christmas angel ice creams
- Christmas candy cane cookies
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas jelly slice
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Christmas pudding pops
- Christmas trifle
- Christmas Yule log
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Feel free to replace the dried fruit with other varieties of dried fruit, or even chocolate chips.
- Or leave out the dried fruit, for mini vanilla brioches!
- On a warm day, these will take less time to rise – check after 30 minutes.
- This recipe was created by Sarah Coates for Kidspot.