This vegetable filled recipe is especially delicious as a lunch or dinner option with an added flavour hit from of a pouch of Rafferty’s Garden.
Suitable for kids aged 10+ months.
Mini Vegetable Quiches
Servings: 24 mini quiches
- You will need a 24 small muffin pan baking sheet and one large round scone cutter.
- 4 sheets Puff Pastry
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium Carrot
- 1 medium Zucchini
- 1/4 Red capsicum
- 1 cup Extra tasty cheese finely grated
- 3 small bunches English spinach finely chopped
- 1/2 Leek finely sliced
- 4 small Truss tomatoes finely sliced
- 1 packet Rafferty’s Garden Spinach, Apple, Broccoli & Pea 4+ month 120g
- 3 Eggs
- Milk for brushing the pastry
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Set aside and defrost 4 sheets of puff pastry.
- Using a blender with a shredding disc, finely slice the carrot, zucchini and leek. Also, finely dice the capsicum and English spinach.
- Add the tablespoon of butter to a saucepan and lightly cook the leek until it becomes transparent. Then add the shredded (or finely chopped) vegetables and seasoning and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- In the meantime, add the eggs to a bowl and the contents of the Rafferty’s Garden Spinach, Apple, Broccoli & Pea and whisk together.
- Using the scone cutter, cut rounds from the pastry sheets and line each muffin hole with these to form the base of the quiches.
- First place spoonfuls of the cooked vegetables into each pastry base.
- Then gently spoon the egg mixture into each cup on top of the shredded vegetables, before topping each mini quiche with a sprinkling of cheese, a sliver of tomato and a pastry star (if desired).
- Brush each quiche with milk and place the tray in the oven for 25 minutes until golden. Allow the mini quiches to cool before serving to your child.
Age: 10 months+ Storage tip: Not suitable for freezing. Store in air tight container and consume within 3 days.