Pan-fried banana and Nutella sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
Spread one tablespoon of Nutella on the face of each slice of bread. Top one with banana slices and place second slice on top.
Heat the frying pan and melt ½ of the butter. Place the sandwich into the pan and fry until golden.
Add the remaining butter to the pan and flip the sandwich, cooking until the other side is golden.
- Make sure that you keep the temperature in the pan at a medium to low heat. You don’t want that butter to burn
- Serve after leaving to sit for a minute or two as the banana will be really hot.
- I used good Italian Pane di Casa bread for this.
- This sandwich was inspired by Elvis, who preferred peanut butter and not Nutella on his sandwiches.
Find related banana recipes
- Banana and chocolate parcels
- Banana biscuits
- Banana pancakes with caramel sauce
- Mini banana muffins with yoghurt topping
- Maresy’s amazing banana cake
- Nutella and banana parcels
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand