Tried and tested by Kidspot parents
4.5 out of 5: Kidspot parents would purchase SunRice Baby Rice Cereal again and would recommend it to their friends and family.
A good choice for baby’s first food – new SunRice Baby Rice Cereal
Starting your baby on solid foods is an exciting milestone in their development. All babies are different, so wait until your baby is showing a number of signs before starting them on solids. Your baby may seem hungry after breastfeeding or formula feeds and they may make chewing movements and reach out when seeing you eating.
Most babies start solids between 5 and 7 months of age. It is recommended by the Ministry of Health, Plunket and the World Health Organisation to wait until 6 months before starting your baby on solids.
Baby rice cereal is recommended as a first food for infants by Plunket* and the Ministry of Health** as plain, smooth and soft foods are good for getting your baby used to solids.
Introducing SunRice Baby Rice Cereal
SunRice Baby Rice Cereal is a new smooth rice cereal your baby will love:
- Available in two delicious flavours: Original and Mixed Vegetable
- Provides a good source of iron to support your baby’s healthy growth and development, as part of a healthy, varied diet
- No added sugar and no artificial colours or flavours
- Made with at least 99% Australian rice
- Available in 125g resealable pouches
For more information, visit sunrice.com.au
Read the reviews for SunRice Baby Rice Cereal
We gave members with babies aged 5 to 10 months the opportunity to trial and review SunRice Baby Rice Cereal. See their photos below and scroll down to read more reviews.
Smooth and creamy. Easy to mix with both fruit and vegetables. Packaging great with the easy resealable top. Baby loved both flavours. Would definitely buy again.
My 7 month old tried the SunRice Baby Rice Cereal today for the first time and she loved it and ate every last drop! She prefers her foods to be more smooth so the texture was perfect for her as we have found some other brands aren’t smooth enough for her liking.
My son had the plain one as a base for the stew we ate for dinner and he ate it all.
He had the veggie one by itself and loved it, it’s great to see a veggie product as a lot of baby food is fruit based.
To make it a bit easier I’m going to add an old formula scoop to the bag so I know how much cereal to add (also easier if someone else is making her food for her, eg I can just say add 1 scoop or 2 with 50ml formula to get the right consistency). I love that it’s got no added sugars and has no artificial flavour but is a good source of iron to help her developing body.
The mixed vege flavour smells very pleasant, makes me want to eat it myself.
So easy to mix, lovey and smooth and so easy for baby to eat. Great to have the added iron. We will be using this SunRice Baby Rice Cereal again and again. It is good that it also comes in the vegetable variety, with carrots, sweet potato and pumpkin that is an easy way to introduce these vegies.
Usually with other brands he will only eat it with another flavour added but I love with this there was the choice for mixed veges and he loved it just as it was. This makes it so much more convenient when we are on the go as we don’t have to worry about taking something to add into it.
My 7 month old son absolutely loves his sun rice baby rice! We mix our with breast milk and he devours it every time! Thank you so much for this amazing product! We will be looking out for it at the supermarket!
- If you have received product for review, please scroll to the bottom of the page and add your feedback as a new comment. Upload your review photos to this Dropbox folder.
- Each selected reviewer will receive 1 x 125g resealable pouch of either Original flavour or Mixed Vegetable flavour.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to post photos of the products as part of your review
- If you are selected to trial, the product will be sent to the address on your profile.
- Please check your address now to ensure that it is up to date.
- Not registered yet? Then sign up now.
- Kidspot Terms and Conditions: Open to Kidspot members 18+ only. Only available for NZ residents. If you are selected, you will be required to use the product as soon as possible plus supply a review, as set out in our review instructions. Your name, postal address, and contact phone number will be given to the supplier for the purpose of delivery of the product.
- Click here for full Terms and Conditions.