Rainy day obstacle course
You can help build your child's coordination, control and balance without expensive Gymbaroo classes! Just build your own indoor obstacle course.
What you need:
- Household items and your own creativity!
Number of players:
The idea is simple – just build an obstacle course out of your own furniture and household items. You can do it inside on rainy days, or set up outside if you have a big backyard! Here are some suggestions, but really the possibilities are endless.
- Line up the dining room chairs to make a tunnel to crawl through. You could also throw a blanket over the top to make it really dark in there.
- Crawl under a coffee table.
- Tie a cord between two chairs for the kids to slide beneath, commando-style on their tummies.
- If you want to do this outside, you can set up a leap frog section with towels spaced apart – kids then have to leap from towel to towel.
- Tie some balloons under the table and crawl through them without moving any.
- Roll up some towels and make a long 'balance beam'.
Watch the video below for inspiration.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating this instructional video.